Meeting called to order at 5:00pm - April 21, 2007
Introductions of Alumni and undergraduate members
A motion was made and seconded to waive the reading of the minutes from the 2006 Homecoming meeting
Alumni President report – Richard Maltz
- Main goal of Alumni Corporation is to greatly increase communication between Alumni Corporation and its alumni brothers, as well as with the active chapter.
- Last year we had a total of 120 donors, in the first 4 months of this year we have 60.
- National is leaning towards the corporation taking back the house by next summer.
- Talk of linking Alumni officers with their undergraduate counterparts.
- Alumni will be preparing on purchasing replacement French doors for the first floor (in the living room)
- Third floor should be completed by this coming fall. On the third floor they have replaced all the windows, electrical, insulation and added sprinkler system, as well as other work
- Roof is being replaced and should be done shortly.
- Second floor will also being getting a sprinkler system and bringing the electrical up to code. It will be up to the alumni corporation to due the $60,000 of work to bring it up to the standards of the third floor.
- Undergraduates will communicate what their majors and career aspirations are to give to alumni networking of career advancement and internships.
- Undergraduates will compile a wish list of needs and wants of the house (furniture, etc).
- Talk of having alumni pledge money for each new pledge they bring into the brotherhood.
- Talk of helping brothers stay connected to the house by adding a plaque to each room to note that have lived there.
- Undergraduate profiles for the website requested.
Undergraduate President Report – Jason Chottiner
- 10 new members this year
- K.I.C.K.S. raised $1800 this year
- Participated in Homecoming, Dance Marathon (THON) and Greek Week
- Go to the Village at Penn State to play Bingo with the senior residents
- Clean up neighborhood twice a month
- Once again held the highest GPA at the Greek Oscars and won the Philanthropic Leadership Award
- Joined the Fraternity Integrity Alliance – Joined to try to discourage and educate about sexual assault. Only 1 of 5 fraternities to have joined to date
- To build stronger officers
- Improve performance at THON.
- Will have a alumni advisor by fall semester. With an alumni advisor they will be able to reach a goal of winning IFC Chapter Excellence.
- Chapter of the Year at Greek Oscars
Undergraduate Treasurer Report – David Hartwich
- 3 brothers will live in house this summer
- House bill for next year is $2300/semester
- Food bill for semester is $400
Other Officers Reports
- 3 new pledges this spring
- Class project was to improve the house library
- Pushed the class to be out in the Greek Community and join philanthropies
- Visited Bucknell Colony
- Interested in getting alumni involved in Initiation
- Worked to improve internal communication – getting minutes out to all undergraduate brothers
- Focused on getting all the forms and paperwork to National on time and are in good shape with National
- Reaching out to Greek Community
- Fraternity Volleyball Champs
- Dodgeball Champs
- Did Greek Week for first time in long time
- Are partnered with Gamma Sigma Sigma for 2007 Homecoming
- Are ranked 18-22nd in IM’s out of 53 fraternities
- Had several events at Alpha Epsilon Pi
- Several socials
- Nacho night for recruitment
- Went to Altoona Curve game
- Tied for fifth overall at Greek Week
None – as covered in officer reports
None – as covered in officer reports
For the Good
- Current group of actives are doing a great job. One rebuilding the brotherhood, academics and philanthropic – keep up the great work
- Brother Richard Dubin said the chapter made him feel welcome and gave him and his friend a place to crash
- Great to see the progress on the physical plant
Motion to close – seconded
Meeting closed with the singing of “It is to Thee”
Meeting ended at 6:33pm