With one sport (wrestling) to be added to the final totals, Omega Chapter is in 3rd place (out of 46 fraternities). We are 35 points behind 2nd and 46 points in front of 4th place. We are on track to have our best finish ever and best since 2008/2009 when we finish tied for 5th place.
Omega Chapter is one of only two fraternities that received points in all 17 IM sports.
Below are results and updates for the spring semester sports:
Basketball- Our team did pretty well this season, the best in years I've heard. Our record was 4-1. We made it to playoffs but lost to Alpha Sigma Phi in the first round.
Track & Field- we came in 4th overall at the meet. Here is a list of our runners who placed:
- Ian Brodsky placed 8th in the 60m and 4th in the 200m
- Jim Barrett placed 1st in the mile (2 time defending champion) and 1st in the 800m
- Peter Imler placed 5th in the mile and 4th in the 800m
- Ed Wallace placed 11th in shot put
- Greg Smith placed 9th in the 200m
- 4x200 Relay team placed 6th
- Ben Walker placed 2nd in High Jump and 8th in Long Jump
Racquetball - Grant Gaston made it to the Semi-final round.
Wrestling - Nate Gross placed 1st in his weight class!
Badminton - Ed Benish made it to playoffs and lost in the first round.
Ping Pong - Kent Bare went undefeated in his pool, and lost in the first round of playoffs.
Soccer - Our record was 3-1-1, and we did not make playoffs. The season went really well.