Call to Order
Introduction of officers
Introduction of officers
Introduction of Alumni and Undergraduates
Reading and Approval of Minutes from 2010 Homecoming Meeting
Reports of Officers and Committees:
- Alumni Reports - Treasurer Report: Chris Burke
- Buying back the Chapter house from National
- Finalizing push for August 2011 instead of August 2010
- In order to continue to build a greater reserve and rasie money with a capital campaign to help offset purchase and major captial projects
- Tim Uhrich: National’s concern is we are holding them back from helping other chapter’s with their houses
- Priority is buying back the house and making sure we can succeed
President Report: Richard Maltz (Chris Burke Reporting)
- Donations have been steady but we need to find ways to increase them
- Question was brought if mailings need to be discontinued in order to save some money
- Let people opt out of mail and opt in for email updates instead?
- More e-mail updates as well?
- People have been really impressed by the undergraduates: “What is going on?” e-mails: Keeps alumni connected with the activities of the undergraduates
- National Convention in Orlando
- Tim Uhrich elected voting delegate by majority vote
- Undergraduates to be going as well; alumni look to help support their travel
- Question was brought up on the timing of meetings if they are effective during Homecoming and Blue White
- Suggestion was brought up on doing a possible tele-conference meeting and/or monthly ones as well
- Possible meeting during Alumni work weekend instead?
- Suggestion was brought up that we should contact Greg Allen since he works for ATT and he may be able to help us with tele-conferencing
Non board members:
- Tim Uhrich - CAB Update (Chapter Advisory Board)
- Aunt Laura is now an adviser for Service
- Richard Bartnik is now the chapter adviser
- Theta Chi Golf open is on May 1st, more info on website
- Look out for ski trip Jan 2011
- Alcohol-free housing may be reversed this summer at convention
- Looking to start a history notebook
- Should the alumni corp. starting giving out scholarships to deserving undergraduates?
- Jasen Marshall
- Wants us to explore setting rent at Homecoming meeting instead of Blue white to be more like State College housing market
- At least start doing leases in October
- Rob Blumstein
- White Water Rafting Trip, May 22nd, more info on Alumni website
Undergraduate Reports - President: Nick Geyer
- a. RA’s: Sean Haggerty and Jim Barrett
- b. 4 brother’s on IFC this semester
- c. Huge fresh start and Homecoming involvement
- d. THON: 4 dancers, $30,000 raised
- e. Walk For Carly on May 1st in Carlisle
- f. IM Sports: Top 10
- g. Flicks: 11 teams, $550 raised
- h. 18 new members this year!!! (11 fall, 7 spring)
- i. Chapter of Excellence for 2009! Second year in a row!
- j. Dan Cartwright won “Living the ritual” from Greek Awards
- k. Greek Week was successful with Sig nu and tri sig
- l. Homecoming 2010 with sigma alpha (Theme: Alice in Wonderland)
Undergraduate Reports - Treasurer- Jeremy Railing
- Finances are looking good! (Most stuff covered by Burke)
- Starting a new philanthropy: SHACK
- 100 miles trek to raise money for Cancer
- iGoal: $5000 ($50 a mile)
- Possible ticket s swap website or listings for Football weekend ticket availability?
- New Windows? - Richard Bartnik to take charge of this
- Start a possible lion-line system with undergraduates to call alumni asking for donations?
- Increase the size of the alumni board?
- More involvement for Alumni? (Rob B. to charge getting more people involved)
For the Good:
- Awesome job with Greek Involvement
- Thanks to Chris Burke for stepping in for Maltz this weekend
- Undergraduates continue to make alumni proud!
Adjourn: “It is to thee Dear Old Theta Chi”