Undergraduate Brother Timothy Uhrich recently accepted a job with the National office as a Leadership and Education Consultant (aka Field Rep) and will be joining the national staff in early June. He will be moving to Indianapolis, training at headquarters for most of the summer, and helping to organize the Chapter Leadership Conference at Villanova in July, before heading out on a year-long, cross-country excursion visiting chapters and making appearances at universities on behalf of Theta Chi. Timothy is very excited to be working at the national level with Theta Chi, and the brothers at IHQ tell him he is the first Omega to join the staff since Gary Hicks '82 was a field representative in 1982.
For those of you who do not recall what a Leadership and Education Consultant does, Timothy will be....
- Traveling during the academic year visiting 30+ chapters in a particular geographic region, assisting undergraduate members and alumni with all levels of chapter operations, leadership skills, and organizational motivation.
- Conduct appropriate evaluations and reports from visiting chapters, interest groups, and colonies of the fraternity.
- Present educational workshops to undergraduates and alumni on topics of recruitment, new member education, leadership development, financial issues, and risk management at the local, regional, and national level.
- If assigned to an expansion role, develop interest groups or colonies at a particular campus.
- Assist in a wide variety of administrative duties for the fraternity, including leadership events, publications, website development, and special projects.
We congratulate Timothy on joining brothers Gary Hicks, Bill Renton, Norman Horner, George Chapman and Howard Alter as brothers who have served Theta Chi on the National level.
If you would like to contact Tim to wish him luck, ask him a question or to offer him a hot meal while he travels the country this fall - click here.